top of page

Riverview: Gone but Not Forgotten 1904 - 1967 Paperback – June 1, 1977 - Great Condition - Light Signs Of Wear

Riverview Park was a favorite summertime destination for Chicago children and their families. Although it was a long trip from the Southeast Side to Riverview, it was a rewarding journey on a warm summer day; an event to be savored over the cold winter. Let's make a nostalgic visit. Riverview Park was located at the northwest corner of Western Ave. and Belmont Ave. on Chicago's Northwest Side. When Riverview opened on July 2, 1904, it was the world's largest amusement park. Located on 74 acres, the west side of the park was bounded by the North Branch of the Chicago River. To the north stood the campus of Lane Tech High School. The former grounds are now home to Riverview Plaza shopping center, the Belmont District Police Station, DeVry University, a manufacturing company and Richard Clark Park, part of the Chicago Park District. The south end of Clark Park has a wooded area where many of the Riverview Park foundations are still visible and is currently used as a bicycle dirt jump and pump track park maintained by the Chicago Area Mountain Bikers. A sculpture entitled Riverview by local artist Jerry Peart stands in front of the police station.

Unless stated otherwise, all items are NEW and in stock and orders placed before 10 am MST will ship the same day to next day.

(With Our Collectibles We Do Our Very Best To Ship Mint Condition Products, We Will Usually State If There Is Any Type Of Box Damage In The Listings

Riverview: Gone but Not Forgotten 1904 - 1967 Paperback – June 1, 1977

SKU: 848463520532
$8.00 Regular Price
$6.00